Fernando Paniagua H.
Industrial Engineer, emphasis on business planning, organization and strategy. With a Master's degree in Business Administration with an emphasis on Strategic Management from the Inter-American University of Panama and a Master's degree in Total Quality from the Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain; Diploma in Continuous Improvement of Processes from the Universidad Javeriana de Bogotá, Colombia and Universidad Latina de Panamá. More than 12 years of experience holding Managerial and Executive positions in public and private sector companies linked to the health, logistics and services sectors.
Since 2014 I have been a University Professor at the Postgraduate and Master's level in the Master's programs in Business Administration, Hospital Management and Health Services Administration.
From February 2016 to July 2019 I served as Director of Quality and Operations of Talima Venture International, a company that builds a private complex that has a Hotel, Hospital, Office Tower, Medical Offices and a Shopping Center in Panama City.
In July 2019 I was appointed as Executive Secretary of the Reverted Assets Unit of the Ministry of Economy and Finance (Former Authority of the Interoceanic Region - ARI).
Among other work experiences:
- Negotiation of affiliations, contracts, agreements and cooperation agreements with international organizations.
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary work teams.
- Experience in the Management of Implementation Projects to improve the performance of companies, seeking efficiencies and generating operational savings.
- Design and implementation of Hospital Processes in areas such as Operating Room, Hospitalization, Safe Management of Medications, and processes related to the International Goals of Patient Safety, standards of care and patient care.
- Experience in the implementation of adverse event management systems.
- Quality Management Systems Certification under ISO 9001: 2015.
- Knowledge and experience in the daily operations and processes of a hospital center.
- Ability to lead quality improvement and patient safety projects.
- Knowledge of the European Quality Model (EFQM).
- Excellent communication skills and human resource training, ability to integrate and work in a team and be a leader.
- Languages: Spanish: native and English: good.
- Latin American University of Science and Technology 2003.
- Industrial engineering.
- Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain - Master in Total Quality 2007.
- Interamerican University of Panama - Postgraduate in Senior Management 2008.
- Universidad Interamericana de Panamá - Master MBA in Strategic Management 2009.
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Bogotá) / Universidad Latina de Panamá - Diploma in Management and Process Improvement 2010.
- University of Santander Panama-Diploma in Higher Teaching 2014.
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA - Patient Safety and Quality Certification 2015.
- Distinguished as the 2018 Leader of the Year at Talima Venture / The Panama Clinic.
- Coordinate the Planning and Design of the services of a new private hospital in Panama City, negotiation and purchase of all medical equipment handling a budget of 50 Million USD, Negotiation of affiliations and international agreements with organizations linked to the health sector.
- Coordinate projects at an international level with organizations such as Johns Hopkins Medicine International, Mayo Clinic, America Economy Magazine in Chile, ROCHE Diagnostics, among others.
- Leader of the Accreditation Process of Hospital Punta Pacifica under the Quality and Patient Safety Standards of the Joint Commission International in September 2011 and its Re-accreditation in September 2014.
- Coordinator of the ISO 9001: 2008 Certification process "Quality Management Systems" of the Clinical Laboratory of the Hospital Punta Pacifica. December 2014.
- Director of the ISO 9001: 2008 Certification Project "Quality Management Systems" of the Clinical Laboratories of the Social Security Fund, culminating in 21 laboratories certified under this international standard. February 2011.
- Co-author in the Oral Communication "Therapeutic Adherence of Dialysis Patients: Influence of Satisfaction" - XXXII National Congress of Nephrological Nursing - Cádiz, Spain - October 2007. Second prize of the JANSSEN-CILAG Award.
- Co-author in the Oral Communication "Evaluation of Satisfaction over Time in a Dialysis Unit" - XXXII National Congress of Nephrological Nursing - Cádiz, Spain - October 2007.
- Co-author in the Oral Communication "What Factors Determine Patient Satisfaction in a Hospital" - National Hospital Congress - Barcelona, Spain - October 2007.